Transfers & Transitions
There are any number of reasons a student might find herself in the process of looking for a new school to attend. Whether it is a cross-country move, the decision to transition out of home schooling or any other number of personal, social or academic reasons, Mercy High School welcomes academically qualified, intellectually-curious students to consider exploring what makes Mercy Magic.
Mercy’s strong sense of community, small class-sizes and rigorous academic programming are just a few reasons why Mercy might be the perfect fit for students seeking to make a mid-year or post 9th Grade transition. Additionally, Mercy has a number of key supports in place for a student entering at a non-traditional point in her high-school career, including our adviser program, seminar program, and school traditions, aimed at community bonding.
For a glimpse of our campus and the opportunity to talk one on one with our Director of Enrollment Management, please schedule an individual appointment at your earliest convenience by calling 410-433-8880 or emailing email@example.com.
Below you will find a brief guide to applying to Mercy beyond middle school. For more information or questions, please contact the admissions department and a representative will be more than happy to help answer and questions you may have.
TRANSITIONING INTO MERCY MID-YEAR & BEYOND 9TH GRADE
- Contact Mercy to let us know you are interested in beginning the application process. This helps us to get to know your whole family and begin to discover if Mercy might be the right fit.
- Have your transcripts—including grades and Maryland State Test scores—sent faxed or emailed to Mercy. Current 9th Graders should also have their middle school grades and test scores sent to Mercy. Transcripts may be faxed to 410. 323.8816 or mailed to Mercy by your current school.
- Our Admissions Committee will review your records. If we believe you would be a good match for Mercy academically, you will then be contacted and asked to fill out an application. Applications can be located on our website. Apply Now
- Schedule a visit to Mercy. Visiting Days are required of all incoming students, in which you will participate in a brief interview.
- If you are applying for Financial Aid, applications can be found on our website. You will need a copy of your most recent tax return and W2s to complete the application.
- Once your application has been processed, you will be notified as to whether or not you were accepted for the upcoming semester or school year. At that time, you will be contacted by a member of the Admissions Department to walk you through the enrollment process.